The Wexford Festival production of Le Songe d’une nuit d’éte with Hasmik Torosyan is our cover image. Other operas reviewed include Der Silbersee in Ghent and The Greek Passion in Brno, The Nose in Munich and The Valkyrie at English National Opera.
This month’s features are:
- A profile of Enrique Mazzola as he prepares to conduct Missy Mazzoli’s Proving Up in Chicago
- An examination of the current situation for singers by a round-table of artist managers
- Martin Randall of Martin Randall Travel on the impact of Covid-19 on cultural tourism
- Alan Sanders on the unknown Elisabeth Schwarzkopf
- An overview of New York’s Prototype Festival by John Rockwell
Our Disc of the Month, leading a selection of CD and book reviews, is Moniuszko’s The Countess (Hrabina).Order This Issue Subscribe